On our VPS or Dedicated hosting service, changing the PHP versions, loading custom Apache mods, and other Apache/PHP customizations are all performed in the Web Host Manager (WHM). To make these changes please follow the instructions below:
- Log into WHM (Web Host Manager). Accessing WHMIf you see the “Feature Showcase” scroll to the bottom and click the Exit to WHM button
- In the search field, in the upper left hand corner, search for EasyApache.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Start customizing based on profile.
- On the next page, click Next Step without changing the version of Apache (unless you KNOW you need a different version).
- On the next page, choose your PHP version, then click Next Step.
- If necessary, go through the short and exhaustive options lists to enable any needed Apache mods or PHP extensions. After this is done (or if you don’t need to enable these), scroll to the bottom and click Save and Build.
- Confirm this choice. The process will start. It will take about 15 minutes or so to recompile, and then Apache will briefly restart (which will result in several seconds of downtime).
The build process can take about 20 minutes or more. Don’t close WHM during this time. After recompiling, Apache will restart with your desired Apache/PHP settings. That takes several seconds.